California Privacy Notice
LETTUCE ENTERTAIN YOU – PRIVACY NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS Effective Date: April 8, 2021 This Privacy Notice for California Residents supplements the information contained in the Lettuce Entertain You Enterprises, Inc. (“LEYE”) Privacy Notice that this is attached to and applies solely to all visitors, users, and others who reside in the State of California (“consumers” or “you”). We adopt this notice to comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) in effect as of the Effective Date shown above and any terms defined in the CCPA have the same meaning when used in this notice. We may update this Privacy Notice for California Residents as necessary and in the event of changes in the CCPA. Note that this notice does not apply to our team members. Please contact your store manager or other supervisory personnel if you are a team member and would like additional information about how we process your Personal Information. Information We Collect We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or device (“personal information”) when you use our Website or Mobile Application or when you participate in the Lettuce Frequent Diner Program. Within the past 12 months from the Effective Date of this Privacy Notice for California Residents, LEYE has collected, through its restaurants, Website, and Mobile Application and through the Lettuce Frequent Diner Program the following categories of personal information from its guests (consumers) (note that we may not collect all of the examples listed below):
|Identifiers||A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, or other similar identifiers.|
|Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute||A name, signature, address, telephone number, bank account number (for catering orders), credit card number, or debit card number. Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.|
|Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law||Age (40 years or older) (through date of birth) or sex (including gender and gender identity).|
|Commercial information||Records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.|
|Internet or other similar network activity||Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.|
|Geolocation data||Physical location or movements.|
|Sensory data||Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information (including Closed Circuit TV information).|
|Inferences drawn from other personal information||Profile reflecting a person’s preferences.|
- Directly from you. For example, from forms you complete or from orders you place for our menu items and services at LEYE restaurants;
- Indirectly from you. For example, from observing your actions on our Website, when you use the Mobile Application, or visit one of our restaurants;
- From third party service providers that we use to support our business, including those that help us process online orders or manage the Lettuce Frequent Diner Program;
- From third party meal delivery services;
- From third party service providers who provide us with information regarding consumers who may have an interest in our menu items and services; and
- Any other sources specified in our Privacy Notice.
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example: if you share your name and contact information to ask a question about our products or services, we will use that personal information to respond to your inquiry; if you provide your personal information to order menu items (whether through our Website, through our Mobile Application, or in one of our restaurants), we will use that information to process your payment and facilitate fulfilling your order. We may also save your information when you participate in the Lettuce Frequent Diner Program and to facilitate new orders;
- To provide, support, personalize, and develop our Website, Mobile Application, menu items, and services;
- To create, maintain, customize, and secure your Lettuce Frequent Diner Program or other online ordering account with us;
- To process your requests, purchases, transactions, and payments and prevent transactional fraud;
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our services;
- To personalize your Website and Mobile Application experience and to deliver content and offers on menu items and services relevant to your interests, including targeted offers and ads as a result of your participation in the Lettuce Frequent Diner Program or otherwise through our Website, Mobile Application, third-party sites, and via email or text message (with your consent, where required by law);
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Website, Mobile Application, restaurants, products and services, databases and other technology assets, and business;
- For testing, research, analysis, and menu item development, including to develop and improve our Website, Mobile Application, menu items, and services;
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations;
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA;
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of LEYE’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by LEYE about our restaurant guests (including Lettuce Frequent Diner Program members) are among the assets transferred; and
- Any other purpose described in our Privacy Notice.
- Service providers.
- Service providers.
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
- If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
- sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
- Visiting Lettuce Entertain You Privacy Portal.
- Emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties. However, we will continue to offer you discounts and other benefits if you choose to participate in the Lettuce Frequent Diner Program.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.