Peanut Butter Pie
Recipe by RPM Seafood
One of our favorite desserts is the decadent Peanut Butter Pie at RPM Seafood! Now you can make this delicious dessert at home! RPM Seafood’s Pastry Chef Andrea Coté is sharing her Peanut Butter Pie recipe that is perfect to whip up in lieu of a birthday cake or any day of the week.
Prefer to have the RPM Seafood team do the cooking?
Peanut Butter Pie
This recipe is for the peanut butter lovers
Serving Size: 1 pie
10-inch pie tin
INGREDIENTS FOR PIE CRUST:
½ cup Corn Flakes
2 cups Oreos
7½ tbsp. butter, melted
¼ cup sugar
INGREDIENTS FOR FILLING:
4½ tsp. gelatin
⅓ cup cold water
6 egg yolks
½ cup and ⅓ cup sugar
1 16oz. container of smooth natural peanut butter
1½ cups whole milk
1½ tbsp. honey
¼ tsp. salt
1½ cups cream
6 egg whites
METHOD FOR PIE CRUST:
1. Preheat oven to 325°F.
2. Grind the sugar, Oreos and Corn Flakes in the food processor into fine crumbs. You do not need to remove the filling from the Oreos.
3. Add the melted butter and continue to pulse until combined.
4. Pour the mixture into your pie pan and press into an even layer on the bottom and up the sides.
5. Bake at 325°F for 6 minutes.
METHOD FOR FILLING:
1. Bloom the gelatin in the cold water
2. Heat the yolks, ½ cup sugar, peanut butter, milk, honey and salt to 176°F in a pot. Continuously whisk and be careful not to scorch the bottom.
3. Add the gelatin and water mixture and stir to combine.
4. Strain mixture through a fine mesh sieve. Place a sheet of plastic wrap touching the surface and place in the refrigerator for an hour.
5. In the meantime, whip the cream to stiff peaks and set aside.
6. When your peanut butter mixture is cool, use your mixer to whisk the egg whites and gradually add ⅓ cup sugar, a third at a time. Beat well after each addition, and whisk until stiff.
7. Fold the whipped cream into the cooled peanut butter mixture.
8. Fold in egg white mixture. Stir to combine completely.
9. Pour the mixture into the Oreo Crust.
10. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours and served chilled.