8 Healthier Menu Alternatives
These healthier menu options will help you keep your New Year's resolution
It’s not our fault that the cold winter months have us craving comfort food (hello, #sweaterweather), but luckily there’s a way to stay on track without sacrificing delicious dishes. We’ve rounded up a few healthier menu alternatives to some of your favorite foods to try in Lettuce restaurants so you can indulge guilt-free this year.
1. Instead of a hearty meat dish, opt for the Wild Mushroom Teriyaki Bowl at Beatrix
The restaurant was built on the notion of “healthy meets delicious” so it’s no surprise that Beatrix has crafted up a comfort food for those looking to skip meat, seafood and dairy for a vegan dinner option. The Wild Mushroom Teriyaki Bowl at Beatrix is made with green vegetable and bamboo rice stir-fry, yuzu ponzu, cashews and a garden herb salad and is full of flavor sure to help you fuel up. Order carryout or delivery from the Beatrix location nearest you.
Make a reservation at Beatrix – River North
Make a reservation at Beatrix – Streeterville
Make a reservation at Beatrix – Fulton Market
Make a reservation at Beatrix – Oak Brook
Make a reservation at Beatrix – Loop
2. Instead of pizza, opt for Cauliflower Crust Pizza at Pizzeria Portofino
Did you know that all of Pizzeria Portofino’s pizzas can be made gluten-free upon request with a cauliflower crust?
3. Instead of rice-packed maki rolls, opt for the “Hold the Rice” section at Sushi-san
When that sushi craving calls, you’ve got to answer! At Sushi-San, check out the “Hold the Rice” section and enjoy signature maki rolls, sans the rice. The Zuke Salmon and Lobster Goddess rolls come wrapped in fresh cucumber, and if you want to wash it all down with some sake, we won’t tell.
4. Instead of an indulgent burger, opt for a “Salad-Style” Impossible Burger at M Burger
The feel and flavor of a burger with NO meat… say WHAT?! M Burger introduced the Impossible Burger to Chicagoland, giving vegetarians and vegans a seat at the burger table. Whether you’re doing Meatless Mondays or just trying to limit your meat intake, the Impossible Burger is a great alternative. Go one step further and make it Salad-Style to get your sandwich wrapped in lettuce for an even lighter option.
5. Instead of ice cream, opt for the Frozen Greek Yogurt at Aba
Don’t forget dessert! Sweets can be the hardest temptation to resist when setting dietary resolutions, but Aba’s Frozen Greek Yogurt packs all the flavor with less guilt. This indulgent dessert is drizzled in olive oil and topped with a bit of sea salt for a creamy cap to any meal.
6. Instead of rice, opt for a “riced” veggie option like the Teriyaki-Glazed Fresh Atlantic Salmon & Cauliflower “Fried Rice” at Big Bowl
7. Instead of fried chicken, try a grilled option like the Grilled Chicken Kebab at Ema
8. Instead of a boozy cocktail, sip on a delicious zero-proof drink at Summer House
Summer House offers several drink options sans the booze with all the flavor. Try the Pineapple Kick with pineapple, orange and jalapeño, or another favorite is the Post Water-melone with watermelon, lemon and mint.